Frequently asked questions
Renati Exchange (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Renati Group Pty Ltd, a well-known and respected name in the fuel trading fraternity. Renati Exchange was built on the success of TruckFuelNet, the biggest independent on-road fuel, truck and driver service provider in SA.
Established in 2006, TruckFuelNet today services over 650 clients, delivering and processing in excess of 17 million litres (over 45,000 transactions) per month through a supplier network of 110 sites. Funds under Renati Group management have exceeded R3 billion (350 million litres) for the financial year ending 28 February 2018.
The Renati Group and its subsidiaries has proved credible and honourable in managing customer and supplier pre-paid funds over the past 12 years. Our 650-plus clients and 110 suppliers are testimony to this fact!
Bauzer arose out of a need in the market for a trading desk where all bulk or wholesale buyers can instantly check the availability of bulk fuel products as well as purchase prices and product location.
The Bauzer platform was piloted and tested over 26 months, during which time over 150 million litres were sold and processed. With accounts at every major South African bank and clientele from all major transport groups, we guarantee a secure trading process and environment. By using the platform, the end-user buys direct from the source or importer, eliminating up to five middlemen sales agents. Customers are therefore assured of the best available price in the market.
Customers will also enjoy peace of mind concerning the security of their business and payments to the company. Please feel free to contact our office should you wish to see any references in this regard.
Once you have registered, a transaction proceeds as follows:
- You view the current deals on offer to check if the product is available at your preferred location and price.
- You place an order for a specific volume of product at a particular collection point (minimum order volume is 10 000 litres).
- You receive a pro-forma invoice from Bauzer, reflecting the value of the transaction.
- You pay in full into the designated Bauzer bank account, using the reference number on the pro-forma invoice.
- Bauzer supplies you with product uplift authorisation documents so that you or your designated transporter can uplift the product at the designated collection point.
- Once the product is uplifted, Bauzer issues you with a final invoice based on the net quantity of volume uplifted at the collection point, as recorded on your Bill of Lading.
- If your collected volume is less than ordered and paid for (i.e., under-upliftment) you can either request an EFT reimbursement for the amount or a credit against your next order. In the event of an over-upliftment, you will need to pay the outstanding amount.
- Over- and under-upliftments usually take between 7 to 10 working days to process; the delay is a result of oil major processing and admin procedures.
The choice of transporters is determined by standard industry norms:
- The transporter must be registered to uplift at that facility.
- Vehicles need to have a safe loading pass for that facility.
- The drivers must have done their induction course at that facility, enabling them to operate the gantry facilities when you load product.
If requested, Bauzer will arrange and invoice transport for you from its list of approved transporters as part of the sale and purchase process.